The congregation of the Sisters of St Joseph Lochinvar has its origins in the sisterhood which gathered around Rev Julian Tenison Woods and St Mary of the Cross MacKillop at Penola in South Australia in 1866 and which spread to Perthville NSW in 1872.
The Founding Sisters of the Lochinvar Congregation came from Perthville, arriving on 2 September 1883.
From Lochinvar the Sisters established schools and pastoral ministries throughout the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle and beyond.
Acts of General Chapter 2018
We acknowledge the First Peoples who have walked upon and cared for this land for thousands of years. We commit ourselves to the ongoing journey of Reconciliation.